Thank you, Lauren for nominating me for the Liebster Award!!
What is it?
“The Liebster Award is a way of helping to promote blogs that are up and coming, but that have a smaller readership than some of the heavier traffic blogs. It’s a way of meeting new bloggers and hopefully getting some new readers along the way, too”
How it Works:
After being nominated, each nominee must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the bloger that nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated.
- You may not nominate the blogger that nominated you
11 Random Facts about Me:
- Growing up I had two cats, Stephane and Simba. I named Stephane after Steve Urkel’s alter ego, Stefan Urquelle. I’m not lying.
- I was a pageant baby. I won Pennsylvania’s “All American Miss” in 1990 and competed at the national level.
- I have huge feet for my hieght. Size 9 or 10 depending on the shoe.
- My older sister is 13 years older than me. We have deleted and blocked one another on various social media outlets on dozens of occasions. We are currently in a “not friends” phase.
- I only fly intoxicated. Bloody Marys are my drink of choice..
- I’ve been in a few Dougie Battles in my day. Typically after Bloddy Mary consumption.
- I was supposed to skip 1st grade but my mom wouldn’t let me.
- I’m pretty sure I was Jay-Z in my last life.
- I have 6 nieces and nephews and 2 on the way.
- I live in Amish Country.
- I met my boyfriend at the gym and obsessed over him for months before I finally asked him out.
- What made you start a blog? At the time I was miserable with my job and wanted to spend as much time during my day focused on something I enjoyed. Starting a blog, after reading them for so long, forced me to consciously focus more time on my love of health and fitness
- Cardio or lifting? Lifting!
- What would your last supper be? This is a hard one. Crabcakes, pasta and cookies
- Describe your perfect day. Wake up, walk the dogs , drink a coffee, hit the gym, have breakfast, go to the market, do some work online, meet j for lunch, hang out by the pool, grill out for dinner
- What is your dream job? I don’t have a specific dream job but it would be something where I control my own schedule, am able to help others, and is challenging and constantly evolving
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Owning my own business, working mostly from home, 2 kids, a new house, probably in the same area
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, but I think most people get love and lust confused.
- Who is your fitness inspiration/role model? I have a lot. Right now I’m loving Bella Falconi’s Instagram for inspiration
- What is your favorite junk food? Donuts.
- What is one thing you can’t live without? Financial security.
- Three staples you can’t go without each day? My water bottle, iphone and car
These aren’t all necessarily new bloggers but 11 bloggers I follow regularly and am interested in learning more about.
- Erica at For The Sake of Cake
- Michelle at 3 Cheap Runners
- Brittany at Freckled Nettles
- Danica at It’s Progression
- Danielle at It’s a Harleyy Life
- Brittany at Little b’s Healthy Habits
- Giselle at My Healthy Happy Home
- Jenny at The Wellness Journey Blog
- Becky at Olives ‘n Wine
- Katie at Healthy Diva Life
- Jennifer at Love Life and Lupus
11 Questions for Nominees
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Best advice for new bloggers
- Link up your favorite blogger-created recipe of the moment (can be yours)
- Lift or cardio?
- What’s yor blogging pet peeve?
- Favorite exercise?
- Music or no music at the gym?
- Do you work a “regular job” full time? If so, what is your profession? If not, how did you transition?
- Where is your favorite place to travel?
- Do you hold any health and/or fitness related cirtifications/degrees?
- Favorite thing about Fall?